Friday, August 2, 2013

Two Sides of Every Friendship -- This is Tammy's Side by Tammy Bennett


I'd like to introduce you to my friend Tammy. In order to fully understand this post, you'll need to read the prior one. You are going to see Tammy's honesty and candor about what it cost her when she was outside God's will, but I am so happy that God didn't leave her stubborn self out there on her own. He pursued her. He restored her, and He restored our relationship. Mine and Tammy's prayer is that this will encourage you to trust God to work it out for the good of those who love Him (Romans 8:28). His timing is definitely not ours. It took 15 years for full restoration, but He did it, and now we are giving Him the glory. Here's Tammy's side of the story...

"You don’t know what you got until it’s gone…." That’s my story.   So many times you take things for granted:  health, happiness, financial security, career, people, FRIENDS… then GOD.  That’s what happened to me.  When you decide that you can live your life YOUR way and not God’s way, then you are out of God’s will.  It took many years for God to reel me back to His way.  Failed marriages (yes, plural), lost career, death of my Mother (my rock and faithful supporter)… heartbreak beyond belief to finally look up to God and realize what HE wanted me to see all along… that I NEEDED HIM!  That I could not do it all by myself.  This superficial Christian life was not what God intended for me.  HE desires a personal relationship with me and I nearly lost everything due to my hard-headedness before I realized it.  I will be forever sorry that my selfish decisions hurt others in the process.  To hear how heartbroken my best friend was, that I caused her pain hurts so much.  Why didn’t I just stay in the will of God?!  How much heartbreak would I have spared all of us?  Let me encourage anyone who may have strayed away from the will and plan of God, it’s not too late for the love of Christ to restore and then HE shows off and replenishes far beyond your wildest dreams.  He has given me a wonderful Christian husband, and we are growing together… It is a process you know!  He has given me a new career that is far beyond what my small mind would have dreamed of, and my best friend…. She’s still the same friend, goofy, loving. We finish each other’s sentences, and it’s like the lost time never happened.  God even blessed me with an ADHD child!   God has a sense of humor!   I chose this verse because when we have a best friend for many years, we can sometimes get complacent, take them for granted.  Try to go a week without talking to them… go a month… go 15 years!  When you get them back, you don’t ever want to lose them again!  Money is not the fortune here… Kristy IS!

Job 42:10-13

New International Version (NIV)

10 After Job had prayed for his friends, the Lord restored his fortunes and gave him twice as much as he had before.

1 comment:

  1. Tammy, this is an awesome testimony! How great is our God!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave us a comment. We hope you have been encouraged.